Monday, June 20, 2016

A Fatherless Day….. A Daughter’s Loss

BY The Momgician No comments

For the last 3 years, Father’s Day has been very hard for me because I loss a very awesome man in my life…. My dad!!!!  He was loving, funny, supportive, and one of the most difficult person you might have ever encountered; but he was the BEST DARN Father anyone could ask for in the world.

I always tell people that my father was the nurturer between the two parents.  He would stay up with me ALL night long to finish my homework in elementary school and he taught me valuable life lessons about the importance of having some verbal filtration (he made me read up on Socrates at 13 years old!).  One of the most important life lessons my father taught me was “ensure that you find a mate that can treat you better than I treated you!”  Now I must admit, that’s a rather tall order!!!  I must admit that comparing your potential mate to your dad can be a relationship disaster.  Because I don’t think that anyone could treat me better than my father since he was there during fundamental years in my life that groomed me to be the woman I am today.  However, I totally understood where my father was coming from.

 As parents, we want the best for our children and so did my dad.  I know that I’ve haven’t always made the best relationship decisions but I’ve always demanded that the person treated me with respect.  And with that, I can say, Thank You Daddy for instilling great fundamentals skills in me and making me demand more out of people in life and of myself.

 Your smile and charismatic ways lives on in your granddaughter as my looks and mannerisms of your mother resonates in me.

#FathersDay
#themomgician
#momgician

0 comments:

Post a Comment